Eligible for application are
- descendents of forced labourers under the Nazi Regime (regardless of their country of origin)
- or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from
the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- on their bachelor thesis
- on their diploma or master thesis
- or their dissertation.
scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies
pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical
traineeships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work
in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after March 1, 1979)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after March 1, 1984)
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship
of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a
CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory
work for the research stay in Austria
- two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these
letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to
contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending
the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must be
no older than six months at the time of application. The letters of
recommendation and the confirmation of supervision cannot be issued by the same person.
- confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian
university, university of applied sciences or research institution
- scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria
resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs